The LM300 Series Level Maintainer automatically adds oil to the crankcase as needed to keep the lube level normal. Most models have built-in switches that will alarm and/or shut down the equipment if the makeup supply is depleted and engine oil level falls or if overfill conditions exist.
- Maintains proper lube level
- Shutdown on low level or high and low level
- Low level alarm before shutdown
- Manual float switch test
- High visibility frog-eye lens
- Optional pipe or universal mounting brackets
- Optional inlet orifices for low to high pressure applications
- Explosion-proof models available
FW Murphy Production Controls offers support for all our products. If you are unable to find the product that you need, please call us at 918-957-1000.
The LM300 can be used in engines, compressors, pumps and coolers.
The LM300 Series EX models (explosion-proof) are CSA certified for Class I, Division 1 Hazardous areas.
- Case/Cover: Die cast aluminum
- Switch Housing: Aluminum
- Approval Rating: All CSA Certified with switch contacts rated at 10 A at 250 VAC (standard)
- LM301 through LM305: CSA certified for non-hazardous locations. Enclosure Type 4 certified
- LM301-EX through LM305-EX: CSA certified for Class I, Groups C and D; Class II, Groups F and G hazardous locations; Enclosure Type 4 certified
- Float: Rigid polyurethane foam; Polyurethane coated
- Max. Ambient Temperature: 250° F (121° C)
- Oil Inlet Connection: Top entry 1/2-14 NPT with built-in filter screen (removable for cleaning)
- Inlet Orifices: 1/4 in. (6 mm) standard; 1/8 in. (3 mm) available
- Wire (switch models): 18 AWG x 13 in. (1.0 mm2 x 330 mm)
- Maximum Inlet Pressure (MIP):
- 30 psi (207 kPa) [2.07 bar] with 1/8 in. (3 mm) orifice
- 15 ft oil (4.6 m oil) with 1/4 in. (6 mm) orifice
- Max. Differential: 2 in. (51 mm) between running and stationary oil level
- Max. Case Pressure (MCP): 15 psi (103 kPa) [1.03 bar]
- Orifice Seal: Buna-N Thumb-Valve
- Switch Contact: Silver, SPDT snap-acting, rated at 10 A @ 125, 250 VAC; 10 A @ 30 VDC (1 only for low level; 2 only for high and low; or 2 only for low level with alarm before shutdown)
- Outlet Connection: 3/4-14 NPT left side, right side and bottom
- Crankcase Balance Vent Fitting: 1/2-14 NPT
- Mounting: Accepts FW Murphy pipe or universal mounting brackets
- Lens: Clear frog eye non-staining, high-impact, high-temperature nylon; UV and heat stabilized
- Glass Lens: Available on LM301 and LM301-EX models. Specify GL as part of model number when ordering
- Dial: High visibility white background with green and white index lines for normal level indication
- Test Knob: Rotate to test switch operation. Turn clockwise for low level test and turn counterclockwise for high level test.
Mounting Pipe Bracket Kit
Mounting Universal Bracket Kit
For more information about this product, you can download the related literature here: