Pneumatic Valves for Fuel Gas Shutoff
These valves are pneumatically controlled fuel shutoff valves. They are designed to open and close automatically or semi-automatically.
- Operation is automatic or semi-automatic
- Pneumatic control pressure can be air, gas or oil
- Models for 2 in. or 1 in. (51 mm or 25 mm) fuel gas lines
FW Murphy Production Controls offers support for all our products. If you are unable to find the product that you need, please call us at 918-957-1000.
The pneumatic control pressure can be air, oil or gas. A manual lever aids in opening the valve when control pressure is insufficient. A gas escape vent, when properly vented and maintained, releases trapped gas from the valve after shutoff.
Basic operation is:
Automatic: As the control pressure/vacuum increase the valve will open. When the control pressure/vacuum decreases, the valve will close.
Semi-Automatic: If the control pressure/vacuum is too low and the valve does not open automatically, it can be opened manually by lifting the built-in lever arm and setting the latch. The latch resets automatically when control pressure rises enough to release it.
M2582-P is for 1-inch (25 mm) gas lines. It automatically opens at 5 psi (35kPa) [0.34 bar] and fully opens the seat at 15 psi (103 kPa) [1.02 bar]. The valve can be manually opened with the lever and latch against inlet pressure of 80 psi (552 kPa) [5.52 bar]. The latch will release after pilot pressure reaches 11 psi (17kPa) [.17 bar].
M5180-P is for 2-inch (52 mm) gas lines. It automatically opens at 5 psi (35kPa) [0.34 bar] and fully opens the seat at 15 psi (21 kPa) [.21 bar]. The valve can be manually opened with the lever and latch against inlet pressure of 100 psi (689 kPa) [6.89 bar]. The latch will release after pilot pressure reaches 11 psi (17kPa) [.17 bar].
- Valve Body:
- Sandcast aluminum (alodined for corrosion resistance)
- Optional steel body available on M5180-P models only
- Valve Seat: Buna-N
- Valve Inlet Pressure (Maximum):
- M2582-P: 80 psi (552 kPa) [5.52 bar]
- M5180-P: 100 psi (689 kPa) [6.89 bar]
- Parts Exposed to Gas Line Flow:
- 302, 303 and 17-7 PH stainless steel
- Aluminum (steel optional)
- 302, 303, 304 and 416 stainless steel
- Control Diaphragm: Flexweave polyester fabric and Buna-N elastomer
- Control Pressure (Maximum):
- M2582-P: 75 psi (517 kPa) [5.17 bar]
- M5180-P: 80 psig (552 kPa) [5.52 bar]
- Shipping Weights:
- M2582-P: 5 lbs 10 oz (2.55 kg)
- M5180-P: 9 lbs 2 oz (4.16 kg)
- With steel body option: 25 lbs (11.34 kg)
M2582-P Flow Characteristics Laboratory Test
For more information about this product, you can download the related literature here: