BMD Relief Valves
The RV10 safety relief valve is well-suited for overpressure protection of production equipment, including compressors, scrubbers, separators, pipelines or anywhere overpressure protection may be required.
- ASME certified for gas and liquid service
- Available in NPT and flanged connections (flanged sizes meet API 526 dimensions)
- Set pressure ranges from 15-3000 psi (103-20684 kPa) with orifice sizes ranging from D to Q
- Orifice sizes exceed API minimum areas for increased flow rates
- Manufactured in accordance with the ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code
- Capacity tested, certified by the National Board
- Meets requirements of Section VIII, Division 1 of ASME Code
FW Murphy is the exclusive BMD distributor for new equipment packages.
The RV10’s design incorporates a non-rising stem to give the disk full guidance while opening and closing. The non-rising stem coupled with the valve’s soft-seat design ensures long-lasting set pressure repeatability and bubble-tight shutoff. The shorter stem also makes the valve more compact, making it ideal for requirements where space may be an issue.
- Set Pressure Range: 15 – 3000 psi (varies by model)
- Temperature Range: -50° F to 400° F (-45° C to 204° C)
- Seat Tightness: Meets or exceed API 527
- Base: ASME SA105, SA479 316, A350 LF2 (low-temp option)
- Body: ASME SA216 WCB, SA352 LCB (low-temp option)
- Bonnet: ASME SA216 WCB, SA352 LCB (low-temp option)
- Bolts: ASME SA193 Gr B7
- Spring: 17-7 Stainless (standard), Inconel® X-750 (NACE)
- Trim: ASTM 304/316 stainless
- Soft Seat: Viton®, carbon-filled PTFE®
For more information about this product, you can download the related literature here: