The TDX6 is an advanced design six-point temperature scanner and pyrometer. It continually scans up to six thermocouples and sequentially displays the thermocouple number and its reading.
- Adjustable trip points are continually armed and active during the scanning process
- Uses J or K type thermocouples
- Powered by CD ignition, 24 VDC or 120 VAC
- Rated for Class I, Division 2, Group D hazardous areas
- Start-up time delay
- Easy-to-read digital display
FW Murphy Production Controls offers support for all our products. If you are unable to find the product that you need, please call us at 918-957-1000.
On the TDX6, each sensor input has a field settable trip point for alarm, shutdown or control. A read/scan selector allows the operator to set and view each trip point. With the selector in the scan mode, a thermocouple read button provides a means to manually toggle through the six channels and to lock in on a specific channel. Normal scanning will resume approximately three seconds after releasing the push button. All trip points are continually armed and active during the scanning process.
Type J or K, grounded‡ or ungrounded thermocouples are accommodated. Other types are available upon request.
The TDX6 can interface with other annunciators and microcontrollers. It is rated for Class I, Division 2, Group D, hazardous areas* and is available for operation from CD ignition, 120 VAC or 24 VDC.
‡ Using grounded thermocouples introduces the risk of odd currents or voltages being imposed on the thermocouple signal which can affect the accuracy of the reading. This is an inherent problem of grounded thermocouples and the reason why we prefer ungrounded thermocouples.
* An isolation barrier is needed between the TDX6 and an Annunciator rated for ClassI, Division 1, Group D, Hazardous Areas.
- Power Requirements (Operating Voltages): 120 VAC or 80-250 VDC, CD ignition or 24 VDC
- Models TDX6-B and TDX6-D: Six isolated Field-Effect Transistor (FET) outputs; 0.1 A @ 250 VDC; switches on (applies ground) above trip point and switches off (removes ground) below trip point
- Operating Temperature: -4° to 158° F (-20° to 70° C)
- Storage Temperature: -40° to 300° F (-40° to 150° C)
- Case: ABS 1/4 DIN (90 x 90 mm)
- Scanning Speed: Complete scan in 30 seconds
- Reset Differential:
- FET models: Decreases 3 degrees (F or C)
- Display Update Time: Updates temperature every 0.3 seconds
- Start-up Time Delay: Unit is locked out for 10 seconds after ignition voltage is sensed
- Ambient Cold Junction Compensation Range: 2° F from 32° F to 122° F (1° C from 0° C to 50° C)
- Measurement Range: Monitor range 0-1999° F or ° C (specify ° F or ° C in part number)
- With J-type thermocouple:
- from 50°-150° F (10°-66° C) +3° F (+2° C)
- from 150°-1200° F (66°-649° C) ±1.0% of reading
- With K-type thermocouple:
- from 400°-2000° F (204°-1076° C) ±1.0% of reading
- With J-type thermocouple:
- Trip Point Accuracy: ±3° F (±2° C) of reading
- Trip Point Adjustment Range: 0-1999 Degrees
- Open Thermocouple Input: A number 1 appears in the display to the right of the channel number and the trip point operates
- Shipping Weight: 2 lb. (0.91 kg)
- Shipping Dimensions: 5-1/2 x 9 x 6 in. (140 x 229 x 152 mm)
For more information about this product, you can download the related literature here: