Rich-Burn Air/Fuel Ratio Control System
The AFR-1R is the simplest to use rich-burn engine, single set point air/fuel ratio control system available. The system is designed to maximize the efficiency of a 3-way catalyst by maintaining the proper air/fuel ratio.
- Designed for low horsepower gas-fueled, carbureted rich-burn engines
- Microprocessor-based controller with a single set point
- Set point and operation done entirely through the full-color graphic display, enclosed
- Pre and post catalyst thermocouple input for catalyst over temperature protection (ungrounded Type K thermocouples, optional)
- Pre and post catalyst differential temperature displayed
FW Murphy Production Controls offers support for all our products. If you are unable to find the product that you need, please call us at 918-957-1000.
Maintaining the correct air/fuel ratio to enhance the performance of your catalytic converter shouldn’t be that hard, and it’s not if you choose the right equipment.
The FW Murphy AFR-1R features a single pre-catalyst set point target to optimize the catalyst’s performance. And when activating the optional post-catalyst set point target, the AFR-1R monitors the catalyst performance and adjusts the air/fuel ratio to maintain and prolong the catalyst performance.
The system includes the PV450 full-color graphical user interface for control functions, monitoring, programming and diagnostic displays. The eight-button display includes comprehensive built-in help files for added operator convenience.
The AFR-1R air/fuel ratio controller represents cutting-edge technology in many areas: hardware, microprocessor power, control system software, operator interface options, adaptability to variable engine conditions, control requirements and software upgrade capability, in addition to comprehensive onboard diagnostics system (OBD).
- Separate alarm and shut-down dry-contact relays for flexibility in setup and operation
- High-speed full authority butterfly fuel control valves for quick response time (available)
- Proportional solenoid fuel control valves for auxiliary fuel control (available)
- Heated exhaust gas oxygen sensors for optimum AFR control
- IP 66 enclosure, 10 in. W x 13 in. H x 5 in. D
- 12 / 24 VDC Nominal
- CD ignition input for engine speed reference with optional magnetic pickup input
- Upgradeable to command multi-set point targets and accept additional end devices
For more information about this product, you can download the related literature here:
Note: Software, manuals and files for this product are only available on the Emissions Controls products extranet. (Assigned username and password required.)